You enjoy working in a collaborative fashion with incredibly talented people that can inspire and challenge you. You possess a strong technical background and have a high degree of appreciation for game design. You're laser focused on the details yet manage to think beyond the current state.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Principal Software Engineer (Back-end) to join us!
In this role, you can expect to:
- Architect and implement large, highly scalable server software frameworks and systems
- Be hands-on with implementation
- Proactively recommend improvements and new approaches to address systemic pain points and technical debt
- Act as a Stakeholder of engineering practices towards ensuring performance, reliability, and measurability at massive scale for our backend services
- Develop test strategies, design automation frameworks, write unit/functional tests to drive code coverage and automation metrics
- Collaborate with other programmers on integration and support tasks
- Review detailed designs from others, aligning Kabam technical vision
- Act upon feedback from stakeholders to refine and bolster features
- Work closely with producers, designers and other programmers in a highly collaborative agile environment
- Be the technical leader for multiple teams/squads
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in...
Your background includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 12+ years of software engineering experience, particularly in back-end/server aspect
- Strong engineer mindset and able to solve complex problems
- 7+ years of system architecture experience in similar capacity
- Strong understanding of both relational and non-relational databases
- Deep knowledge of back-end server system design and implementation
- Proven track record for working independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team setting
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
For those who want to take it up a notch, we’d love to see you have:
- Experience with BigQuery, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes
- Games industry experience working on large backend systems
- Up-to-date understanding of the latest mobile gaming trends
- Familiarity with mobile free-to-play games and mobile best practices
- Passion for games of all sorts
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of massively multiplayer games for mobile devices. Console quality graphics and next generation technology are the hallmark of Kabam games. Kabam merges the art of game design and the science of consumer behaviour to create immersive games enjoyed by players around the world. Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Marvel Contest of Champions and Transformers: Forged to Fight and won several awards including Apple Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year. Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.