Production Coordinator - (Temporary)
Production Coordinator – (Temporary)
We’re looking for an organized individual to help expand our production team. As a Production Coordinator, you will primarily be responsible for managing a mid-sized product development team or sub-team, and supporting development from concept to submission. Responsibilities include scheduling, tracking development, team support and ensuring project deliverables are met in a timely manner at high quality. This is a temporary position.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for coordinating multiple interdisciplinary teams.
- Create and update documentation to help organize development efforts and communicate progress.
- Meeting notes and identifying action items.
- Empower team members to complete their jobs well and on schedule by helping obtain the information and resources they need.
- Provide visibility into the development team for upper management.
- Identify problems on the project and help create solutions.
- Assisting teams in estimating schedules and scope.
- Work closely with the Producer on tracking team dependencies and progress.
- Coordinate with external parties to support project development. (meals, shipping, testing, hardware, etc)
- Help maintain a fun and comfortable work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
The skills & experience we’re looking for:
- Previous Project Management experience preferred.
- 1-2 years Industry experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies strongly desired, specifically Scrum.
- Must have good communication and organizational skills to work closely with many internal and external groups.
- Experience with MS Office, especially Excel.
- Familiarity with Task Tracking Software.
- Must be passionate about video game development.
In 2018, Vicarious Visions celebrated its 27th year in the industry. Over the years, we have made hundreds of games, in every genre, on every conceivable game platform in the known universe. We are a studio that is built to last, and now we are embarking on a brand new chapter.
We are currently partnering with Bungie to further expand the award winning Destiny universe.
Our philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is evidenced in all of our products – from Skylanders to Crash Bandicoot, and including our recent contributions to 2016’s Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. We apply the same dedication to excellence to every video game franchise we’ve worked on over the years and we are bringing that same philosophy to the Destiny franchise.
We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect and fun. We have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices. We not only give our developers a safe and warm place to incubate and grow their ideas but the tools and support necessary to turn those ideas into impactful and memorable experiences.
Our studio is located in Albany, NY, a thriving northeastern city with an abundance of professional theatre, music, dance, and sports attractions, as well as a backyard full of recreational activities. (That’s a metaphorical backyard. The studio’s backyard has a patio and grill though…with seasonal awning.) And for those looking for more adventures, we’re located less than three hours from NYC, Boston, and Montreal!