We are looking for a talented character /creature artist to work on the 'Total War: Warhammer' franchise .
The right candidate should be able to demonstrate excellent creative, technical and visual skill. You will be an accomplished artist with a passion for creating believable characters/creatures with the ability to produce stunning, high quality and efficient game content.
You will work closely with the current team to create both characters and creatures; utilising the entire character creation pipeline, implementing characters into the current game engine and using the existing shader system to ensure they are displayed correctly in game.
You will also work with members external to the character team, such as the animation/technical animation team to create solid placeholder meshes that work within any rig restrictions as well as the technical art team, providing workflow improvement suggestions to improve productivity.
Finally, you will also deal with general housekeeping (bugs, file structure clean up, etc) and potentially providing support to other teams within the company should they need it.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- All applicants should have an up to date portfolio that showcases a complete game ready character workflow (From sculpt to final textured asset). This should include texture sheets and wireframes of your assets
- Strong organic sculpting ability
- Strong hard surface modelling ability
- Understanding of the PBR texturing workflow
- Experience of one full game development cycle
- A good knowledge of human anatomy
- Strong knowledge of industry standard tools, such as Max/Maya, Photoshop and Zbrush.
- A team player, able to take advice and feedback from their colleagues in a respectable manner
- Interest and experience with the Total War franchise
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects andour legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.