Senior VFX Artist
Division: MachineGames | Department: Art | Location: Uppsala , SE
MachineGames is seeking a talented Visual Effects Artist to join our team. As an Effect Artist you will work closely with our Art Director to ensure aesthetics quality is kept at the highest-level throughout all the art assets produced and throughout the product
· Collaborate with Art Director on the visual style of all effects in the game, through verbal and written communication, concepts or reference images/videos.
· Identify need for effects in collaboration with environment artists and gameplay designers in the different production units.
· Create optimized visual effects for real time rendering within a PBR environment.
· Create weather, atmospheric and special environment effects such as under water effects in collaboration with Environment Artists.
· Create effects required for gameplay like impact decals, explosions, muzzle flashes and other related weapon effects in collaboration with Gameplay Designers and Programmers.
· Create certain light and camera/lens effects.
· Collaborate with programmers within the Advanced Gameplay & Effects team to further develop pipelines and tools.
· 4+ years of professional or related experience.
· At least one shipped title.
· Experience creating realistic simulations using Houdini, Maya or similar.
· Strong knowledge of Photoshop and AfterEffects.
· Keen artistic eye and exceptional attention to detail.
· Good understanding of and appreciation for milestones, schedules, deadlines and efficient game development processes.
· Very strong work ethic, able to take direction and collaborate.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Passion for making great games
How to Apply