C++ Client Developer - Shared Technology
King operates mobile games at a massive scale. With titles like Candy Crush, Bubble Witch and Farm Heroes our code runs on hundreds of millions of devices across the world.
Behind the scenes shared libraries power all the games. The Game Systems Team develops and maintains the underlying tech that makes this possible. Our responsibilities stretch from the datacenter and the backend tech power all our servers to the libraries and APIs making the features available to the game developers. As a member of this team, you will work with highly skilled people on these fundamental building blocks that the game teams use to power the biggest games in the world.
Your role within our Kingdom
* Developing the SDK supporting the games developed at King
* Designing and implementing client side aspects of the features we support
* Collaborating with game teams to enable the features they want to build
* Working closely with King's internal Java server frameworks
* Maintaining and improving our existing code base
As a new member of the team we offer a unique opportunity to be involved hands on and learn as you go. The wide responsibilities of the team give a wide array of challenges to conquer and King offers many opportunities for training and personal development.
Skills to create thrills
* A degree in Computer Science or similar
* Wide experience programming in C++
* Experience programing network connectivity
* Interest in building reusable flexible APIs and libraries
* Excellent communication skills in English
* Experience working with mobile devices
* Confidence working with Java and server side code
* Knowledge in Lua, C, C# Unity
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.