Your role within our Kingdom
We are looking for exceptionally skilled Developer interns to join our Kingdom in both Game Studios and Tech Departments!
With titles like Candy Crush, Bubble Witch and Farm Heroes, our code runs on hundreds of millions of devices across the world. As a Developer Intern at King, you can either get involved with the making of the games, where you together with your colleagues take part in the process of specifying, designing, building and implementing existing and new game features. Or join our teams working behind the scenes with our engines, systems, applications and platforms instead. A game that looks good on paper is nice, but a game that plays brilliantly across all digital platforms is better. Help us do just that. For this opportunity you should be pursuing, or have recently completed, a degree in Computer Science, Game Development or a related course/subject.
We have opportunities within Game, Frontend, Backend and Full Stack Development in London, Barcelona and Berlin, please highlight your location preference when you apply.
Skills to create thrills
You should have an interest in games and the ability to work in a flexible and fluid environment, where the job will evolve over time.
Other skills include:
* Creative problem-solving skills
* The ability to work well, both autonomously, and as part of a larger team
* Development experience using an OO language, such as Python and Java (for our Shared Tech function) and C++ (for our Game Studio function)
* Familiar with HTML and CSS (including CSS3 and beyond)
* The ability to deliver high quality, well-structured code
* Excellent communication and organisation skills
* You should be pursuing, or have recently completed, an undergraduate or master's degree in a relevant subject
The skills listed above are intended to portray the range of roles we have available, you do not need to possess all of these skills to apply! We will look at your own individual skillset and determine which team you would be best suited to.
* Experience using testing frameworks, such as JUnit 5
* Experience using relational databases, such as MySQL
* Some practical experience, such as a previous relevant work experience or experience writing code for your own projects
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
Apply now! Applications need to be in English. Our internships can vary in length, depending on the opportunity and your requirements and will take place in Summer 2019.
Please note: our application deadline is 13th January 2019, however we recruit on an ongoing basis, so early application is advised to avoid disappointment.
The brilliant experience we give our players comes from the diversity and experience of our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. That's why we hire all sorts of talent.