ASSOCIATE GAMEPLAY ENGINEER, Brighton, UK
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.” We are comprised of a diverse group of people, from industry veterans with experience working on big franchises, to talented former indie entrepreneurs and recent graduates. Hangar 13 is based in four vibrant locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic). We are currently hard at work on our next AAA titles.
This role is based within our brand new Brighton location, who will partner with the other Hangar 13 sites in California and the Czech Republic to develop all of our future games as one global team. Led by General Manager Nick Baynes, Hangar 13’s Brighton location provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console and PC games using bleeding-edge proprietary engine technology.
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for an Gameplay Engineer to develop, write, implement, and debug code for new and upgraded software products.
What You Will Do:
- Work with an interdisciplinary agile team of artists, designers, and engineers to design, prototype, and implement new AI systems
- Provide the Lead Engineer with feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks and implementation concerns
- Generate system documentation and test cases for assigned systems
- Collaborate with the QA staff to identify and fix bugs in a timely manner
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements
- Adhere to the project’s coding standards
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Recent bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or relevant work experience.
- Strong C/C++ programming language skills with a strong familiarity with OO design principles.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures.
- A special interest in gameplay.
- Eager to learn and master new technologies and code.