SENIOR AI DESIGNER, BRIGHTON, UK
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.” We are comprised of a diverse group of people, from industry veterans with experience working on big franchises, to talented former indie entrepreneurs and recent graduates. Hangar 13 is based in four vibrant locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic). We are currently hard at work on our next AAA titles.
This role is based within our brand new Brighton location, who will partner with the other Hangar 13 sites in California and the Czech Republic to develop all of our future games as one global team. Led by General Manager Nick Baynes, Hangar 13’s Brighton location provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console and PC games using bleeding-edge proprietary engine technology.
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is in search of a highly skilled and experienced Senior AI & Gameplay Designer to help us shape one of our future AAA projects.
What You Will Do:
- Design and write specifications, prototype new gameplay systems (abilities, AI, mobility, etc) and other related systems
- Work with the team to define the high-level goals for gameplay or AI systems
- Work with engineers, artists, and animators to implement, tune and balance new gameplay or AI systems
- Evangelize core features to the rest of the team and help develop best practice for others working with gameplay or AI systems
- Ensure that players can use the tools provided to play the game in multiple, equally compelling ways
- Analyze, validate and incorporate feedback from the team and external user testing
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 3+ years of experience in internal game development, with emphasis on Gameplay or AI Design
- At least 2 shipped titles
- Experience with AAA titles required, (Open World game experience preferred)
- Visual Scripting experience (working knowledge of LUA is a plus)
- Innovative thinker with creative problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple locations effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of development processes, workflows, and tools
- Experience and deep working knowledge of AI or gameplay systems
- Ability to work in highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, iterative environment, while delivering under deadlines and time constraints