About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC & console, and are looking for talented and passionate developers to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits , and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
Directly reporting to the Financial Director, the successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent), with previous experience in a similar capacity preferably in the games industry or a similar creative environment with a focus on financial & statutory and management reporting. Joining our vibrant team of games industry professionals, you will be responsible for helping deliver timely & accurate management information to both internal & external stakeholders.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Manage preparation and production of monthly management accounts by Management Accountant and ensure timely delivery of management information to stakeholders;
- Manage preparation & timely delivery of interim and annual reporting packs to corporate headquarters for bi-annual stock market reporting;
- Provide ongoing guidance and support to Accounts Payable Department;
- Support Financial Controller when liaising with auditors for interim and annual audits, ensuring all deadlines are met;
- Manage creation of the interim and annual tax comps by the external tax team and submission of annual returns;
- Manage submission of quarterly VAT returns;
- Manage monthly variance analysis and the continuing review of financial performance against the initial budget, reforecast and prior year;
- Support Financial Controller with continuous updating of accounting and group financial reporting policies to ensure alignment with latest industry developments;
- Support Financial Controller regarding compliance with regulatory requirements and
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Entrepreneurial and proactive mindset
- Experience in the computer games industry preferable
- Excellent interpersonal & influencing skills
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- High level of accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to tailor communication to different audiences
- Ability to deal with complex accounting problems
- Experience of UK GAAP/FRS 101 & IFRS
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a 'can do' attitude
- Comfortable working across functions and challenging senior colleagues with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of company technology, products and services
- Keep abreast of industry standards and new technologies
Perks and Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.