Jagex Ltd, the UK's largest developer and publisher of online games, is looking for a Head of PMO to play a key role in organizing and providing transparency across our organization.
This role will work closely with the leaders of the various divisions of the business to help coordinate efforts to deliver our aims. You will work with cross functional teams across the whole company. Your strong experience in project management will allow you to create an agile project governance framework and enable the product owners to work with the team to deliver on their commitments. You will help them track their work effectively and enable confident forecasting. You will work through team blockers and escalate as needed continuously coaching and mentoring other scrum masters and product owners on Agile.
Working closely with the external development teams and internal publishing services you will be responsible for ensuring any titles to be published by our platform have the best opportunity for success and growth.
This is an amazing opportunity to be at the heart of delivering a wide variety of titles from a hugely successful developer/publisher, and requires an experienced, sharp and keen individual with a passion for online games
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Own how we report on projects & programs, make the data the source of good decisions.
- Develop the right ways to visualize our progress and predict when work will complete. Help make work visible inside and outside of the teams.
- Be our resident expert in agile working. Sharing knowledge about Scrum and Kanban.
- Ensure effective ways of working and help other departments adopt agile principles where they are the customer to the work.
- Make sure that the volume of work taken on can be delivered and that we are taking on the right amount.
- Be a mentor and inspire a passion in how work is done.
- Encourage people into high performing teams who take accountability of their work.
- Help the business put the team's first and empower them to do remarkable things.
- Line management of project managers / scrum masters.
- Assist the other leaders in understanding how their resources are put to best use.
- Promote a culture of collaboration and learning.
- Perform user training & coaching on project management methodologies.
- Be prepared to say no and empower teams to do the same when necessary.
- Be open and honest in your communications with the teams. Seek to earn their respect.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A gamer at heart -> we expect our employees to be product focused at all levels.
- Have a proven track record of being customer value driven rather than a slave to project metrics (favor outcome over output).
- Some previous SaaS / online software development experience, ideally game as a service development experience which we can learn from.
- Have experience running a PMO at mid-sized, dynamic company.
- Be an Agile expert with a track record of delivering in Scrum or Kanban.
- Have experience in software projects at all stages of the lifecycle.
- Recent experience of working as an agile PM across multiple agile product development teams.
- Game Publishing experience a huge plus.