You possess a strong technical background and a passion for game design. You're laser-focused on the details yet manage to think beyond the current state. Your superior programming skills set you apart along with your ability to collaborate with a variety of disciplines to create fantastic gameplay for the players.
Sound like a match? Kabam Austin is looking for a talented and passionate individual to join our engineering team as a mid-to-senior Gameplay Engineer.
You will be joining a team of Engineers who work in a collaborative environment. You will be interacting on a daily basis with designers, artists, and other programmers to build gameplay features and create compelling experiences for players.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Build and maintain a variety of robust, flexible, and well-architected gameplay systems, including controls, abilities, AI, and RPG progression systems.
- Prototype new gameplay ideas and concepts, collaborating with designers and providing feedback
- Create new and maintain existing tools for designers and artists, to add features and improve their workflow.
- Participate in development scheduling, working with production to estimate tasks and ensure milestones are hit
- Other ad-hoc projects and/or requirements may arise as requested
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Your background includes:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development experience including 3+ years of industry experience in game development
- 2+ years experience in a gameplay engineering role
- Must have very strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Familiar with implementing solutions in a client/server architecture
- Ability to write clean, simple, well-documented code
- At least one shipped title
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical team members
- Can-do attitude
For those who want to take it up a notch, we’d love to see you having:
- Passion for the latest mobile gaming trends
- 2+ years with Unity/C# professionally
- Experience developing with Unreal
- Experience shipping a mobile game
- Experience in Android / iOS Mobile application development
- Experience implementing games that run authoritatively on the server
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to Apply Now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of free-to-play games for mobile devices. Console quality graphics and next generation technology are the hallmark of Kabam games. Kabam merges the art of game design and the science of consumer behaviour to create immersive games enjoyed by players around the world. Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Marvel Contest of Champions and Transformers: Forged to Fight and won several awards including Apple Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year. Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.