Io Interactive are currently looking for an talented Animation Programmer
Our team of experienced programmers and designers is looking for a talented Animation Programmer. This is your chance to work with some of the best in the industry. We are building a next generation animation system for our Glacier 2 game engine. We are therefore looking for programmers who are experienced with animation systems and animation code, and have a knack for low level optimizations.
What are the responsibilities?
You will be working on developing the new system as well as preparing and transitioning gameplay features from the current one. Your help will be instrumental in training and assisting animators and content creators to fully utilize the new system to achieve their creative vision.
You will also work closely with R&D engineers to integrate cutting edge features and have them work side by side with more traditional approaches.
What is required?
- Solid demonstrable experience with animation programming from AAA games or indie games that used novel animation techniques
- Excellent C++ skills
- Well-founded in mathematics, especially in linear algebra
- Familiar with modern animation techniques (e.g. IK, parametric blending, time warping, events-based matching, time-based scaling, pivoting, motion matching)
- Familiar with profiling and optimizing code, data driven systems, data oriented design, SIMD / vector instruction sets
- Solid understanding of programming best-practices
- A team worker who actively seeks collaboration to find the optimal solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
It will be an advantage if you have:
- Solid knowledge of the state of the art for Animation in Academia and in the Movie Industry
- Experience with Neural Networks and Machine Learning techniques
- General knowledge of Hero / NPCs controlling approaches
- Master degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Console programming experience on PS4/Xbox One
After clicking Apply Now, you will need to complete the application on the clients site