Director of Engineering, Ads
Activision Blizzard Media is a rapidly growing business created to connect advertisers with our 350M+ global player base across Activision, Blizzard and King.
The initial goal of this thriving start-up effort has been to create premium, innovative advertising experiences for world-class casual mobile games like King's Candy Crush Saga. Looking ahead, we plan to launch advertising across the Activision Blizzard portfolio, including high growth areas like eSports. This is a really exciting time to join this growing business.
We are looking for an exceptional Director of Engineering to lead a growing team of Ads engineers. In this role, your team will be delivering the technology our business uses to deliver and optimize yield for ads in our games.
King has more impressions than any other mobile game maker and you will be a key contributor to successfully monetizing these impressions.
Your role within our Kingdom
* Be both a highly technical, hands-on coder and effective people manager.
* Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts.
* Hold your own in technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence.
* Effectively coach, mentor and guide the technical and professional development of the members of the team.
* Scale the team up by sourcing and hiring both externally and internally, and keep a super high bar while doing so!.
* Partner with product and other teams to capture requirements for advertising needs, and build the most effective systems, services, tools, and infrastructure to achieve those goals.
* Participate in deep technical design discussions within your team, and across partner teams, and ensure that we're building the right systems and keeping the quality high.
* You will bring a strong perspective that drives change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
* Ensure the team fully understands the goals and objectives of King's advertising unit and how their work fits into the bigger picture.
* Inspire the team to be autonomous, grow people's careers, and build technical leaders within the team.
Skills to create thrills
* 10+ years of software engineering experience, including hands-on technical management
* 5+ years coding in one of the following languages: C++, Java, and/or NodeJS
* Strong ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management
* BS, MS, or PhD in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
* You've led a team of 10+ engineers, and have 5+ years of engineering management experience.
* You have experience building services and systems, and have successfully taken projects from inception to production.
* You have experience formulating a team's technical strategy and roadmap; you've collaborated and partnered effectively with several other teams.
* You are comfortable diving into the technical aspects of various parts of the backend system.
* You can provide a strong technical vision for systems and infrastructure teams.
* Experience building advertising platform
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.