Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team spread across four UK Studios; Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle and The Chinese Room in Brighton, along with our India studio in Pune.
Established in 2007 Sumo Video Games was set up to work alongside Sumo Digital's Sheffield based UK studio. Together we have consistently delivered AAA titles from Next Gen to Mobile on all platforms for partners that include SEGA, Microsoft, Codemasters, Sony, EA, BBC, Konami, Disney, and many more.
Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3), Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform), and our first self-published title Snake Pass (multi-platform). We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One), Dead Island 2 (multi-platform) and Project Nova plus several other exciting but currently unannounced projects.
Sumo Video Games is a true extension of our UK studio and team members on both sites collaborate on a daily basis on all aspects of game development. Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on every available gaming platform from Next Gen to Mobile, at every stage of game development.
2018 is a very exciting year for Sumo Video Games, we are looking to significantly add to our team in our office in Pune. We're looking for highly talented and dedicated individuals who thrive in fast paced, ever changing development and live service environments. Working for Sumo you'll be an integral member of the team shaping our games to satisfy both our hard-core and casual gamers alike.
Being part of Sumo's development team is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
All our roles here at Sumo demand highly creative and motivated individuals with a superb attention to detail and a keen eye for quality.
Role @ Sumo
Do you see yourself as a Senior Character Artist?
What's your passion? Is it playing video games, working doodling/creating art work? -- if that's your answer, then we at SUMO are interested in YOU.
Sumo Video Games Pune, India is looking for passionate senior character artists who aspire to create realistic & stylized game Environment alongside the Sumo UK Studios and help bring life to game world of some of the world class AAA projects on major consoles.
The ideal candidate should have a striking portfolio demonstrating an exceptional eye for detail, creative flair, up to date knowledge and experience with hi-res sculpting to game mesh workflow, PBR pipeline, and current game editor experience such as Unreal.
They should be eager to learn and develop their skills alongside some of the best environment artists in India and the UK, to deliver high quality art work.
Within this role you will:
- Create high quality realistic and stylized in game characters
- Should have good understanding of the human form/anatomy and structure/silhouette
- Sculpt and Model High and low polygon assets and texture them through the PBR pipeline
- Ensure created characters follow the given art direction, and are within the agreed production deadlines and conform to the required technical specifications
- Create weapons, props and costumes needed to define the visual direction of game
- Creating hair cards/fur and setting up shaders
- Collaborate and communicate daily and weekly with project teams in the UK
We need you to have:
- excellent knowledge of 3D packages such as Max, Maya and Zbrush
- strong understanding of Anatomy
- strong understanding of current generation character creation workflows.
- thorough knowledge of PBR work flow and procedural software's such as
- Substance Painter / designer and Quixel DDO
- Ability to adapt to various art styles
- Strong portfolio demonstrating in game character art work to very high standards
- Working experience of game engines such as Unreal and Unity
- at least 4 years of experience creating characters for console games
- excellent communication skills to communicate internally in teams and externally to UK project teams
What we offer:
Being part of Sumo's Pune studio is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
In return we'll offer competitive salary & benefits, and excellent working environment and most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
Additionally we provide relocation reimbursement from other cities, performance linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary, opportunities to attend industry conferences and a complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for our employees and their children.
Come join the team.