Joining the multi-award winning Total War team and reporting to the Audio Director, the Music Designers' primary purpose is to support the creation of AAA calibre music productions on assigned projects, working with our team of audio engineers, programmers, orchestrators and musicians to deliver a stellar music experience for the multi award-winning Total War titles developed at the studio.
This exciting new role will see you supporting the Total War audio team to achieve excellence with their musical productions. You will be involved in a wide range of creative and technical activities such as creating MIDI mock-ups, producing re-mixes of existing music, music editing, develop interactive music systems and new designs, recording musicians, creating Kontakt instruments, score reading and assisting at orchestral recording sessions, implementing and mixing content for our productions.
You will integrate and mix audio content into games using in-house tools and other 3rd party software and liaise with internal quality assurance staff and Development Managers to ensure music testing is adequately covered.
This role is ideally suited to applicants who have experience in and a passion for cinematic soundtrack production. Ideally you will be musically educated to at least degree level.
A show-reel demonstrating cinematic music production is required to be considered for this position.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Solid MIDI programming, demonstrating excellence with cinematic and orchestral music mock-ups.Capable of arranging and/or re-mixing existing material to a high standard
- Experience editing music
- Experience recording musicians and able to guide performances
- Experienced with ProTools and Native Instruments Kontakt
- Able to read music and firm grasp on musical theory
- Strong organisational skills
- Comfortable working in a mixed Mac and PC environment
- Able to learn new in-house audio tools and software for integrating content
- Able to work as a team player and under own initiative
- A keen interest in and a passion for cinematic/orchestral soundtrack music and video games
- Able to multi-task projects, plan and schedule music production efforts while remaining quality focused and adhering to deadlines
- Ability to orchestrate and produce notated scores, either with Finale or Sibelius
- In-house experience within a game development studio or post-production facility working on Video Games
- Degree in Music or related qualification
- Musically proficient on at least one instrument
- Knowledge and familiarity of Total War brand
- Experience with the Wwise audio engine
- Familiarity with Digital Performer
- Comfortable programming software or hardware synthesizers
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects andour legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.