The award-winning Total War team are looking for an experienced tools or generalist programmer to join our Editors Team.
The successful applicant will join us in developing existing and new editor tools to improve the content creation workflow. The affected tools are used to compose cinematic scenes for in game cutscenes or video rendering purposes. In this role, you will be developing in C++14 and the UI framework is in Qt 5.11. To be successful in this role you will have a high level of C++ knowledge; Qt knowledge is desirable.
In this role, you will communicate with the team and understand the user's requirement of new tools and features. You will design and implement changes in your tools as well as maintain existing features. You will write clean, well commented and reusable code and adhere to the company's high-quality programming standards and development processes.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A good BSc or equivalent in a relevant subject such as maths, computer science or engineering, or equivalent experience
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in designing and implementing large systems
- Passionate about providing users with software that is effective and enjoyable to use
- Experience in developing on Windows with Visual Studio
- Experience with the Qt framework
- Familiarity with GUI-heavy application design and development
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects andour legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.