Contract Business Operations Administrative Assistant
Operations Austin, Texas
Certain Affinity is an exclusive Austin studio comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced industry veterans committed to a solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing multiple AAA FPS products. Also, we are creating compelling new games of our own. How could you not want to join & be a part of that?
Certain Affinity is looking for an experienced Contract Business Operations Administrative Assistant to support our growing business and help enhance our studio. This person will be an integral part of the Business Team and will be working directly with our Assistant Business Operations Manager. In this position, you will be responsible for the front office reception, act as our visitor concierge, ensuring our office is well stocked, and assist with coordinating company events.
As the first person to receive guests and vendors, you will be the face of the company, our gatekeeper and primary point of contact for the public. A successful candidate will be highly organized and personable, tactical, able to prioritize and maintain a professional demeanor.
We are looking for an individual that is highly collaborative and a team player, with the ability to switch gears quickly when needed, meticulous when it comes to even the smallest of details, and possesses the ability to bring projects to the finish line. Someone who is not afraid to ask questions, and truly understands that being on the front line is critical to a successful company.
- Concierge for visitors (i.e., greet, plan onsite meals, making reservations, etc.)
- Take ownership of lobby upkeep and appearance, as well as other building amenities
- Stock our break rooms, conference rooms, office supplies and inform your manager of product shortages
- Plant care and upkeep for our patio and visitor areas (don’t worry, no horticulture degree needed)
- Answer, forward, and screen phone calls as appropriate
- Process shipping and receiving of packages and distribute mail to various tenants
- Coordinate with our security team regarding visitor access badges when required
- Work with multiple vendors (i.e., janitorial staff, restaurant delivery and other food vendors, FedEx, UPS)
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks and projects assigned by your supervisor
- Support the Operations Team with emergency evacuation as needed
- Coordinate and reserve building public areas for events as needed
- Run errands as needed for stock items and meals for visitors
- 4+ years of clerical or administrative experience preferred
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Extremely resourceful with good judgment in resolving issues
- High level of interpersonal skills with ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to help others
- Must be self-motivated, dependable, accountable and self-sufficient
- Acute attention to detail, excellent follow-up and organizational skills
- Ability to treat sensitive/confidential information with appropriate discretion
- Must be comfortable interacting with all levels, including executive staff
- Experienced in a variety of software application such as Microsoft Office and G-suite
- Must have a reliable vehicle and be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Previous experience working in the software development, games development, or other entertainment/creative industry-related role
- Experience in a hospitality or event planning
- CPR and/or First Aid Certification
- Associates Degree in relevant field
This position is scheduled for M-F 8 am- 5 pm. (flexibility at times is appreciated).
This is a non-exempt position that will be paid by a 3rd party vendor.
This role is based in the Austin, TX.
The contractor will be responsible for housing costs and relocation if needed