Core Engine Engineer
Engineering Austin, Texas
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? How about more than one? Certain Affinity is an exclusive Austin studio comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced industry veterans committed to a solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing multiple AAA FPS products. Also, we are creating compelling new games of our own. How could you not want to join & be a part of that?
Do you dream in binary and want to work on high-profile projects with seasoned industry vets? Your code is efficient and adaptable, and so are you. That’s why Certain Affinity wants you to be one of our engineers. Let’s make some games together that people will be playing for years to come!
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and other programmers to improve the engine and supporting tools
- Support game teams by adding features to and improving the performance of the engine
- 3+ years of professional programming experience
- Strong skills in C/C++, data structures, and object-oriented design
- Able to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements
- Experience working with core game systems such as scripting, UI, rendering, animation, physics, and data pipelines
- Able to learn large, unfamiliar code bases and quickly get results
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Shipped 1 or more titles
- Development experience in Unreal 4
- Console experience (XB1/PS4 preferred)
- Passion for multiplayer action games
Certain Affinity offers relocation for this position to Austin, Texas where we make it all happen.