Director, Platform Partnerships & Business Development
The Director, Platform Partnerships & Business Development you will lead and manage strong direct relationships with platform partners (e.g., Apple, Google, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft) on which we build and distribute our games on.
Your role within our Kingdom
* Prepare and collaborate with platforms on new game launches and large content updates including game vision, game mechanics, plot/story, playtest and soft launch metrics, and marketing plan.
* Leverage relevant company, game and/or product data to develop insight analyses and recommendations for new product features or changes on the platforms that drive growth in reach, retention and revenue for games on those respective platforms/ecosystems.
* Collect and present relevant company and product data at regular intervals to platform partners to drive execution of (above) joint strategic initiatives.
* Evaluate, evangelize, resource, and execute support of new growth initiatives and technologies created and offered by platform partners (e.g., new distribution channels/features, monetization features, hardware, core tech, or marketing channels).
* Determine with platforms on high impact cross-functional projects and campaigns.
* Use a strategic mindset to identify cross-platform synergies as well as to leverage platform-specific details to influence platforms' roadmaps
* Manage and support team to achieve team objectives and company objectives
* Partner closely with game teams to identify, test and analyze opportunities (game features, mechanics, virality) on platforms and in different countries for growth opportunities.
* Analyze and track key metrics on how our games leverage platform features and channels to highlight trends and potential issues for strategic reporting and decision making.
* Understand all aspects of platform relevant features, channels, Terms of Service (TOS), and other policies and educate studios in potential implications and impact.
* Develop scalable processes to communicate platform updates, changes and action items to all studios and internal stakeholders.
* Manage team's day-to-day product and technical requests, operations, and issues between internal teams and platform partners.
Skills to create thrills
* BA/BS degree with strong academic record, MBA nice to have
* Five to eight years of related partner management or business operations experience in a gaming, media or consumer web/mobile services company.
* Excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
* Strong attention to detail and ability to analyze complex problems, leading to developing and communicating recommendations and action plans to senior management.
* Analytical, with experience driving analyses and recommendations with data-driven framework.
* Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in San Francisco
It's a small team out on the West Coast, but when it comes to platform partnerships, it's an invaluable one. With its mild climate, stunning scenery and cosmopolitan character, San Francisco is one of North Americas most beautiful and exciting cities. You'll find our studio within striking distance of the AT&T stadium and only a short tram ride away from the heart of the city.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.