Senior NOC Lead
Division: Bethesda Softworks | Department: Network Operations | Location: Rockville , MD, US
Senior NOC Lead
Bethesda Softworks is looking for a Senior NOC Lead that will have a high sense of urgency and passion for fighting fires! Leading the front line supporting the online gaming experience your mission will be to ensure the games are up, fast, and if there is a problem, it gets resolved as soon as possible. The shift lead will provide coaching for development to the NOC staff and ensure work is being within quality standards. In this role, you will be responsible for the performance of the front line team. This position will not only be focused on developing talent but also with ensuring services are provided that meet standards.
We are looking for someone with proven experience leading and managing NOC technicians. The successful candidate for this position will be capable of and motivated to learn on their own. This skill is essential to getting up to speed quickly and continuing to grow within the company. The ability to work well in a team environment and communicate effectively with people of varying technical knowledge is essential. You will be responsible for the team and ensuring that they are focused on the appropriate tasks. We operate in an extremely fast-paced environment so the ability to prioritize quickly and write/follow processes and procedures will be required. We are supporting an MMO that needs to be available 24/7 so schedule flexibility in this role will be needed to ensure our customers can always have access to a world-class gaming experience. At the end of the day, you will need to be confident in leading and developing a team supporting a large Linux environment with hundreds of servers spanning across multiple data centers across the globe.
- Minimum 3+ years NOC leadership or management experience
- Minimum 2+ years of project management experience.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience working with monitoring (ex. Nagios or Open NMS) and ticketing systems (ex. Service Now).
- Capable of acting as a procedural escalation point for the NOC system administrators and internal customers.
- Experience implementing and maintaining NOC processes and procedures.
- Experience creating, maintaining, and administering NOC training and development programs
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with supporting teams and customers
- Experience developing ways to monitor and measure the performance of a NOC
- Experience using analysis to identify areas for improvement and then getting results!
Desired Skills (Optional):
- We prefer applicants for this position to have online or MMO gaming experience. It would also be preferred that candidates for this position will have familiarity with ITIL best practices concepts.
How to Apply