Division: Bethesda Softworks | Department: Network Operations | Location: Rockville , MD, US
Bethesda Softworks is looking for a NOC Lead that will have a high sense of urgency and passion for fighting fires! Leading the front line supporting the online gaming experience, your mission will be to ensure the games are up, fast, and if there is a problem, it gets resolved as soon as possible. As the center of all communications and first escalation point for the NOC, you will be key to the success of the games. The shift lead will provide technical support/coaching to the NOC staff and ensure work is being properly prioritized. In this role, you will be responsible for interdepartmental communication with all levels of the studio, including executives. This position will not only be focused on outages but will also be managing projects and maintaining the NOC tools (ticketing, monitoring, documentation etc.) The NOC Lead will have the opportunity to travel to support large projects and initiatives so they have a better understanding of the environment. You will work with vendors and onsite staff to keep the games running and environments stable.
We are looking for someone with extensive experience in supporting and maintaining large Linux environments with hundreds of servers. The successful candidate for this position will be capable of and motivated to learn on their own. This skill is essential to getting up to speed quickly and continuing to grow within the company. The ability to work well in a team environment and communicate effectively with people of varying technical knowledge is essential. You will be responsible for the shift and ensuring the team is focused on the appropriate tasks. We operate in an extremely fast paced environment so the ability to prioritize quickly and write/follow processes and procedures will be required. We are supporting products that need to be available 24/7 so schedule flexibility in this role will be needed to ensure our customers can always have access to a world-class gaming experience. At the end of the day, you will need to be confident in troubleshooting and supporting a large Linux environment with hundreds of servers spanning multiple datacenters and cloud environments across the globe.
Several years of hands-on command line Linux experience will be necessary for this role. To be successful, you will also require basic networking and extensive Linux troubleshooting skills. You should have experience maintaining server class machines and associated infrastructure. Our goal is for the NOC to solve 80% of the incidents that occur without having to escalate to other supporting teams. To meet this goal, we are looking for individuals that can think on their feet and have a solid foundation of core technology to isolate and repair issues as they arise.
- Minimum 4+ years Linux system administration experience
- Minimum 3+ years of NOC or help-desk experience
- Minimum 2+ years of project management experience
- Minimum 2+ years of experience working with monitoring (ex. Nagios or Open NMS) and ticketing systems (ex. Service Now).
- Minimum 2+ years of experience working with cloud hosting services (ex. AW or Azure)
- Capable of acting as both a technical and procedural escalation point for the NOC system administrators
- Experience supporting virtual environments like OpenStack or VMWare.
- Experience with configuration management tools is a plus (ex. Chef or Puppet)
- We prefer applicants for this position to have online or MMO gaming experience. It would also be preferred that candidates for this position will have familiarity with ITIL best practices concepts.
- Experience implementing and maintaining both monitoring and ticketing systems is preferred
How to Apply