Senior Character Rigger
Division: ZeniMax Online Studios | Department: Art | Location: Hunt Valley , MD, US
We are looking for a wildly talented and experienced Senior Character Rigger. You will work with Animation to determine features, needs and desires. You will work with Engineering to develop an efficient pathway between the tools and the game. And you will build amazing rigs that will provide Animation with the best rigs they have ever used. If you are ready for the next biggest thing you do professionally, please apply now!
- Build a rigging system that can support many characters and machines
- Build and maintain high quality, high performance animation rigs
- Work closely with Modelers and Animators to ensure all disciplines are getting what they need
- Develop animation tools to support Animation
- Document system and advocate best practices
- 5+ years industry experience character rigging (Maya, Houdini, Max, Modo, etc.)
- Solid understanding of Python, C# or another object oriented scripting language
- Solid understanding of anatomy and kinematics
- Ability & interest in rigging biomorphics and mechanics
- Solid understanding of animation pipelines in general
- Ability to develop animation tools to support rigs
- Work collaboratively with technical and creative team members
- Good communication and time management skills
- Self-sufficient and independent
- Familiarity with common data formats: XML/JSON/etc.
- Familiarity with common 3D data formats: USD/OBJ/FBX/ALEMBIC/etc.
- Experience working with third party animation tools (Havok, Granny, etc)
- PyQt or PySide
- Understanding of core game data pipelines
- Experience with special effects and shaders
- General interest in contemporary CGI techniques
Portfolio: Please include links to your work and clearly indicate your contributions. Resumes without work samples will not be considered.
How to Apply