2D Concept Artist
Division: ZeniMax Online Studios | Department: Art | Location: Hunt Valley , MD, US
We are looking for a highly experienced and motivated concept artist with a strong inclination towards cartoon and humor styles to work closely with our mobile game team to design a wide variety of characters, creatures, environments, architecture, props and VFX. A solid grasp of form, structure, color, and light for 2D art assets is essential. Traditional animation design experience a plus.
- Create the look of new assets by working closely with the Art Director to establish a consistent visual direction of creatures, characters, environments, architecture, props, VFX design, storyboards and marketing key art.
- Collaborate with designers on solving gameplay problems while maintaining artistic vision.
- Work with our animators to guide creation of appropriate designs with animation considerations taken into account.
- Produce work with minimal supervision, in an efficient and timely manner, to maintain production schedules
- Contribute to the creative process with original ideas and inspiration.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a concept artist or related job.
- A strong sense of design, oriented towards the stylized and cartooned. Ability to adapt to or generate a variety of potential styles as needed. Ability to design for both 2D and 3D games.
- Excellent traditional artistic skills with a strong grasp of composition, anatomy, color theory, perspective, lighting, environment, architectural, creature/character, costume and graphic design.
- Mobile development experience preferred but not required.
- Traditional animation experience is highly desirable as applied to exploring character through posing and expression.
- Strong communication, excellent visual storytelling and written skills.
- Candidates must be able to work in a small, focused team of designers, artists and programmers with short development cycles.
How to Apply