Division: ZeniMax Media | Department: IT | Location: Rockville , MD, US
ZeniMax Media, the video game powerhouse behind such hits as Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, DOOM, Dishonored, and Wolfenstein, is seeking a Linux Administrator for the corporate Global Infrastructure Team based in our Rockville, MD office.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, excited about using technology to make everyone’s job easier, enjoys working on and solving problems, communicates effectively, and can work with and add to the value of our team and company.
- Building, maintaining and troubleshooting Linux servers
- Assuring maximum availability and security of servers, including hardware/software upgrades and disaster recovery processes
- Thinking of innovative new ways of automating tasks with greater efficiency to save time
- 3+ years of experience as a Linux Administrator or similar role
- Experience and/or familiarity with the technologies listed below
- Proficient with command line management of Linux systems
- Ability to prioritize workloads based on business needs
- Ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing environment
- Must be a team player and be willing to work independently with minimal supervision
If the following describes you, we’d love to talk to you:
- You love Linux.
- You enjoy troubleshooting applications that run on Linux, even if you silently chide the application for running in Tomcat instead of Python.
- You don’t sweat if someone tells you they need you to expand a volume to add 50 GB by lunchtime.
- You automate wherever you can.
- You always have an eye on the security side of things.
- You take pride and ownership in the work you create.
- Basically, you enjoy solving all of the issues that go along with a fast-paced development environment. Whether a user wants a tweak to a config file, an existing application is having issues, or you suddenly come up with an entirely new approach that improves a current method, you are flexible and quick to adapt to any situation.
Among the technologies we use and would like you to at least be familiar with are:
- Active Directory, LDAP, SAML, or oAuth.
- Ubuntu or CentOS.
- VMware, AWS and Azure.
- Bash, Perl, or Python.
- Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Nagios and PRTG.
- Perforce, Atlassian, and Oracle.
About us. The Global Infrastructure Team handles the networking and systems around the world that help our geographically distributed developers collaborate to make great games.
How to Apply