We have an excellent opportunity for a developer to join our award-winning Total War team as a Gameplay Programmer.
You will be working alongside the battle code and design team to push the boundaries of Total War battles and strive to make them better than ever before. This is an excellent opportunity to work on the next Total War title and put your personal stamp on the battle engine.
As Gameplay Programmer on the team, you will be working with the current Total War battle team. Along with the design team you will work to improve existing gameplay and craft new and compelling features for future Total War titles. You will be expected to learn the sizeable codebase, and oversee the architecture of future developments, contributing to a roadmap of future game development.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A confident C++ programmer
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability
- Excellent communication skills to enable effective collaboration with programmers, designers, artists and production employees
- Good academic background with a 2:1 degree or higher (or equivalent) in a relevant technical field such as computer science, software engineering, mathematics or physics
- An avid gamer
- Have worked as a gameplay programmer on a recent game. Experience developing real-time strategy (RTS) games a bonus
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms common to gameplay mechanics, such as finite state machines, agent systems, pathfinding, etc
- Broad gaming experience and a sense for good game design
- Keen player of strategy games, ideally including Total War
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects andour legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.