Do you want to take the lead in creating and maintaining mobile games played by millions around the world as a Game Designer / Project Manager? Do you find challenges as an essential part of personal growth and development? Are you up for the challenge of leading a group of creative individuals to the common goal of creating great games?
Then we have the perfect job for you!
ChimpWorks develops hyper-casual mobile games and is looking for a Game Designer / Project Manager. As part of a small autonomous team, you will be working in a creative, challenging and collaborative environment. You will take the lead in the strategic planning and design of new mobile gaming projects. This role will provide freedom in your work style and will allow you to unleash your creativity.
It is key to understand the audience to create designs for an addictive, fun and intuitive gameplay.
You will oversee the development of a variety of different games, as well as tackle game design challenges and perform QA. You are expected to have the entrepreneurial spirit with a “getting things done” attitude.
By working in our creative environment where you can learn and grow, you will make your mark on new mobile games for a worldwide audience.
- Overseeing all aspects of a game’s development and delivery.
- Ensuring the successful delivery of a game, on time.
- Lead, inspire and motivate the teams working on the games, and maintain enthusiasm for the project.
- Drive the game design through all phases, from idea, prototype, concept, presentation, implementation, tuning and release.
- Brainstorm novel game ideas, develop simple prototype and join in concept feedback sessions.
- Design and maintain all game mechanics and game feel for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work with QA and data-analysis to ensure and improve overall product quality.
- Be up to date with present mobile gaming trends and enjoy playing and making games.
- Contributing to process improvements to increase productivity and quality of the team.
- Monitoring performance and delivering measurable feedback.
- Relevant professional study completed.
- Proven (mobile) experience as a game designer
- Creativity, lots of it!
- Experience with Unity.
- A knack for game design.
- Ability to walk through the design challenges, design process and creative thinking.
- Strong management and leadership skills with a proactive participative management style.
- Can independently drive several projects on-time while meeting the highest level of quality.
- Knowledge of game industry-standard software tools, design documents and production processes/best practices (game concept and prototyping creation, project management, bug reports and defect tracking).
- Ability to define and understand technical parameters as they apply to design implementations.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback on your work.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, detail oriented, quality driven, straightforward, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Affinity with the mobile gaming industry.
- Flexible attitude, ability to adapt to quickly changing circumstances and work priorities in a timely -manner.
- Fluent written and well spoken English language.
- Worked on a released mobile game.
- Reasonable handling of C#.
- Experience with quick prototyping tools in Unity.
- Project management experience.
- A good sense of humor!
What We Offer:
- The chance to bring and realize your own ideas.
- Fair salary and direct hire.
- An extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence.
- Great opportunity to grow and expand your knowledge within the industry.
- Full-time position with opportunities for growth within the company.
- Free daily lunch and events.
- Covered transportation costs and paid vacation.
- A stocked kitchen of fruit, beer, and treats!
- Game-designed, awesome office with table football, arcade machine, consoles, darts, and board games.
- Friday entertainment evenings – every Friday you can hang out at the office with your colleagues and make use of the games collection with free drinks & snacks.
Founded in 2014 and based in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, ChimpWorks is a game development company with popular titles for mobile platforms.
With an ambitious young team of over 20 individuals working in an autonomous team-based culture, we have realised more than 5 #1-ranked games and more than 150 million downloads.
We create exciting, fun, free-to-play mobile games, enjoyed by millions of players worldwide. We continue to raise the bar through a data-driven, player-centric and super-iterative approach.
Our mission is to provide novel and unique games to create outstanding player experiences and fill the customer life with joy and excitement.
Seize this opportunity and become a part of the ChimpWorks family as a game designer!
Don’t wait, send us your CV now and we will contact you as soon as possible!