Human Resources Director, Ads - Activision Blizzard Media
Are you a passionate HR Professional who gets a kick out of creating great teams and workplaces? If so, get in touch as we are looking for someone special to drive the people agenda for our Advertising business.
Activision Blizzard Media is a rapidly growing business created to connect advertisers with our 350M+ global player base across Activision, Blizzard and King.
The initial goal of this thriving start-up effort has been to create premium, innovative advertising experiences for world-class casual mobile games like King's Candy Crush Saga. Looking ahead, we plan to launch advertising across the Activision Blizzard portfolio, including high growth areas like eSports. This is a really exciting time to join this growing business.
We are hiring a Human Resources Director in San Francisco to support the growing advertising business.
Your role with ABM
In this role, you will be partnering with, and leading HR delivery for, some of our most senior business leaders as well as collaborating across our broader people team to ensure high impact, purpose driven people outcomes. Your population will span several of our King locations across the globe. This role reports into and works closely with the President of Ads.
* Create and implement a clearly articulated Strategic People Plan\" aligned with the business goals.
* Be a key influencer on all important people related decisions, ensuring that the business maintains alignment with the people strategy.
* Deliver the agreed people plans for their business areas
* Support your client groups at a strategic level regarding performance management, talent identification, org design, employee engagement, workforce and budget planning.
* Act as lead partner for activities such as building org structures, re-organizations and other corporate change initiatives that help optimize our resources and drive through high performance and engagement across the Ads business
* Partner with your Talent Acquisition lead to develop a robust talent acquisition strategy for your business area, ensuring the continuous evolution of talent acquisition capabilities and initiatives to attract the best talent.
* Drive talent management and succession plan strategies and ensure that we are providing challenging opportunities or stretch assignments to our key talent.
* Work with supporting HR Centers of Excellence to drive through the right strategies for compensation, learning and development to support business goals.
* Ensure that the Business Partners that support you have the information they need to carry out the operational requirements to support the People strategy for Ads.
And to help us continue to evolve as a function we will ask you to:
* Embed a continuous improvement approach into your business areas.
* Contribute towards the success of the People leadership team by owning projects or initiatives outside of your business areas that are designed to impact the wider People team.
* Mentor the Business Partners and Advisors within your business areas, ensuring they are developed and supported, contributing towards their goals, feedback and coaching.
* Ensure robust HR analytics and people management data are used to gain insights for talent decisions, workforce planning and shaping the people strategy."
Skills to create thrills
Above all we are looking for someone who is passionate about supporting their client groups, understands the Ads business and is curious to understand the games business as a whole, providing pragmatic solutions to your clients everyday challenges and future plans.
You will be able to demonstrate your...
* Commercial approach to HR partnering. We believe that's what makes us true partners to the business, enabling them to reach their business goals by providing sound HR expertise and support.
* Experience of working as a business partner in a well-organized and structured company alongside centres of excellence, e.g Reward, Talent Acquisition, L&OD, People Ops
* Enthusiasm for a challenge and the ability to quickly establish credibility and respect with your team and client group
* Successful track record in a fast paced, intellectually challenging environment of building a solid connection with your clients and providing valuable HR support
* Experience administering HR strategic planning cycles and implementing the local people plan
* Experience in instilling high performance practices and building leader people\" capabilities
* Experience creating a great workplace through initiatives and cultural activities
* Business fluent written and verbal English
* Experience using data to inform and drive decision-making"
Prior Start Up Experience
About Activision and Our Family of Brands
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one (or more!) of our games. We have developed more than 200 fun titles and offer games in over 200 countries and regions. King has game studios in Barcelona, Berlin, Bucharest, London, Malmö, Seattle, San Francisco and Stockholm along with offices in Chicago, LA, Malta, New York, and Tokyo. King is an independent unit of Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) which acquired King in February 2016.
Activision Blizzard is a member of the Fortune 500 and S&P 500, and the world's most successful standalone interactive entertainment company.
We delight hundreds of millions of monthly active users around the world every day through franchises including Activision's Call of Duty®, Destiny and Skylanders®, Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, and Heroes of the Storm®, and King's Candy Crush™, Pet Rescue™, Bubble Witch™ and Farm Heroes™.
We've been one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies To Work For®\" for the last four years. Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, we have operations throughout the world, and our games are played in 196 countries.
More information about our company and products can be found on our website, www.activisionblizzard.com."