Senior Back End Engineer, Ads - Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is a rapidly growing business created to connect advertisers with our 350M+ global player base across Activision, Blizzard and King.
The initial goal of this thriving start-up effort has been to create premium, innovative advertising experiences for world-class casual mobile games like King's Candy Crush Saga. Looking ahead, we plan to launch advertising across the Activision Blizzard portfolio, including high growth areas like eSports. This is a really exciting time to join this growing business.
Your role within Activision Blizzard Media
* Develop new feature, with unit tests, that can support our large-and-growing user base.
* Building highly scalable & distributed systems that handles over billion requests a day.
* Full ownership of building and delivering product features to production
* Whiteboard a fix to a scaling problem -- and then make it happen.
* Collaborate with peers to write, review, or provide feedback on a technical design proposal.
* Provide support to our operations staff in troubleshooting and addressing a production issue.
Skills to create thrills
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
* 5+ years of relevant work experience with BS or 3+ year with MS in Computer Science or related field.
* Very strong programming experience in Java.
* Experience with building microservices.
* Exposure to google cloud platform.
* Experience with Kafka, streaming systems.
* Prior development experience building large scale systems is a must.
* Experience with docker and other build and deployment frameworks.
* Strong troubleshooting experience and ability quickly jump into situations with few guardrails and make things better.
* Able to communicate effectively and clearly with other team members.
* Have strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
* Take ownership and can work independently.
About Activision and Our Family of Brands
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one (or more!) of our games. We have developed more than 200 fun titles and offer games in over 200 countries and regions. King has game studios in Barcelona, Berlin, Bucharest, London, Malmö, Seattle, San Francisco and Stockholm along with offices in Chicago, LA, Malta, New York, and Tokyo. King is an independent unit of Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) which acquired King in February 2016.
Activision Blizzard is a member of the Fortune 500 and S&P 500, and the world's most successful standalone interactive entertainment company.
We delight hundreds of millions of monthly active users around the world every day through franchises including Activision's Call of Duty®, Destiny and Skylanders®, Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, and Heroes of the Storm®, and King's Candy Crush™, Pet Rescue™, Bubble Witch™ and Farm Heroes™.
We've been one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies To Work For®\" for the last four years. Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, we have operations throughout the world, and our games are played in 196 countries.
More information about our company and products can be found on our website, www.activisionblizzard.com."