Online games are your passion and you would like to participate in the marketing of our games? Trying out new modern techniques runs in your blood and motivates you? As a Webdesigner / Frontend Developer you can expect an exciting and varied activity in the area of maintenance and further development of existing website projects as well as the development of new products.
Tasks to inspire:
• Implementation of challenging technical and graphical web projects
• Sustainable code development in complex frontend projects
• Optimisation for mobile end devices and responsive design.
• Close collaboration with the UX department and interface designers
• Analysis and conceptualisation of user interfaces
• Supporting the development teams within frontend development
Qualifications to convince:
• Excellent knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and JS
• Experienced knowledge of CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap
• Good knowledge of the implementation of Responsive Design
• A good eye for aesthetics in web programming
• Skilled experience with CSS pre-processing platform, e.g. LESS and SASS
• Competent understanding of the use of code versioning tools, e.g. (Git / SVN)
• Knowledge of frontend systems and infrastructure (npm, grunt, webpack, gulp, etc)
• Good knowledge of asynchronous request handling, partial rendering of pages and AJAX
• Dealing with cross-browser compatibility
• Knowledge of component-based development
• Knowledge of object-oriented web programming
• Basic knowledge of graphics programs such as Photoshop
• Basic knowledge of PHP would be an advantage
• Independent and structured way of working
• Creativity and enthusiasm for computer games
• You have an excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken; G er man l ang uag e skills a re of advantage
A company to connect:
• A position of responsibility in one of the most creative and exciting industries around
• An enormous range of influence with millions of players in dozens of countries
• Creative leeway in a new, communicative and motivated team
• The ability to be flexible with working hours
• Free breakfast, lunch, drinks and fruit - every day!
With more than 20 titles and over 450 million registered players, Gameforge is the leading provider of free-to-play massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) in the western hemisphere. Headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, the group offers its online games in more than 75 countries. The portfolio encompasses numerous well-known game industry brands, including prized role-playing games Runes of Magic, AION Free-to-Play and TERA as well as Europe's most successful MMO, Metin2. The action anime MMORPG SoulWorker adds to the wide-ranging collection, while popular browser-based games such as OGame and Ikariam complete their offering. More information available at http://corporate.gameforge.com/ .