SERVICE RELIABILITY ENGINEER
AT RELIC ENTERTAINMENT
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, & now Age of Empires IV and we’re on the hunt for a Service Reliability Engineer to work in our Vancouver studio. This soon to be Relican will join our Server team. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
As an integral part of the Core team, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the server and software systems that enable our games to run! Help us ensure that the way that we run our systems is best in class.
As our Service Reliability Engineer you will…
- Automate tasks to increase efficiency
- Identify performance issues
- Maintain live services by measuring/monitoring their health and performance and acting on that information as needed
- Help us scale our services to support a large scale of concurrent users
- Be an expert in modern cloud infrastructure deployments
- Work with other members of our server and game teams throughout the entire lifecycle of the services we make
- Create and enact server capacity plans
- Be our subject matter expert for operational best practices
- Find ways to make our processes and infrastructure better
We’re looking for someone who has…
- A computer science/computer engineering degree or equivalent experience;
- An interest in video games;
- 3+ years’ experience in an SRE role; and
- A passion for what you do.
What’s in it for you?
You will become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, it includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios) which means you’ll have an opportunity to work on AAA games and learn a ton. We also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Note: We are currently only able to accept applications from individuals who are legally qualified to work in Canada.