Senior Brand Manager- Casual Titles
We're looking for a Senior Brand Manager (SBM) with bags of potential and a great team spirit who will help us to build, develop and execute annual marketing plans for 2 new game franchises, as well as work upstream with games teams to deliver innovative campaigns for new launches.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you have the ability and passion to deliver marketing campaigns for some of the world's most popular mobile games, then this is the right job for you.
The new SBM will have primary responsibility for the annual marketing plans that support two game franchises, and will be required to analyse the brand and its business performance in order to refine the strategy. The successful candidate will then work with cross-functional teams to execute campaigns and build the strength of our live titles.
Additionally, the SBM will be dedicated to working 'upstream' with the games teams to help shape new games in the early stages, leveraging player insights to ensure a strong brand identity that can be consistently applied across multiple touch points. The SBM will lead the development and execution of game launch campaigns, inspiring the broader marketing team to generate innovative campaigns for high profile franchise launches.
As part of the Brand Team you will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your capacity to get things done.
Responsibilities will include:
* Brand Strategy: the SBM will draw on business understanding and brand insights to recommend brand strategy for a larger franchise, pushing for clarity on objectives and success measures.
* Brand Positioning: the SBM will work with games teams on new product development, including brand positioning, logos, names, narrative, target audience and feeding back on new game features. You deeply understand the purpose and benefits of brand positioning, and will use this experience to develop brand IP books, ensuring that they are well understood by the broader business in order to protect the brand equity.
* Creative Vision: You'll have a strong creative point of view with an ability to build World class creative visions from scratch. Taking inspiration from the category and broader entertainment industry beyond.
* Campaign Management & Planning: Brief, define & deliver high impact brand campaigns across all consumer touch points, working across the marketing matrix to deliver a coordinated & innovative campaign.
* Player Insights: you will work with our insights team to commission and implement consumer insights that help inform our marketing strategies and communications. You will be expected to have a good understanding of a broad set of research findings from across the business, and be able to challenge PI to deliver even more actionable insights, working with them to refine methodologies, discussion guides and stimulus.
* Developing stakeholder relationships with producers, game designers and art directors; you will be known by and comfortable speaking with studio heads.
* Finance: Manage invoicing for your projects as regards agency partners.
* Agency Management: You will be able to independently evaluate agency work, using strong marketing & creative judgement, and you will help agencies to understand and value the feedback such that it is embraced to improve the work.
Skills to create thrills
We'd love to find someone with a great passion for building brands in the digital environment. You're fun and friendly, have a very positive outlook and are hungry and eager to learn from others.
A strong level of gaming experience, though not a pre-requisite, would be highly beneficial. An avid interest or passion for games in this space is a minimum. Mobile experience would be ideal but is not essential.
The role pulls together consumer insights and works with the games teams to help shape the product and develops global campaigns for new or existing brands. It's essential that you will be able to hold your own with games developers.
* We are looking for a candidate with experience in a Brand Manager role with a strong online/digital and creative background.
* You will have a good grounding in online marketing techniques, PR and community and have a disciplined approach to brand management. You know what great marketing work looks like.
* Experience developing campaigns from scratch rather than adaptation for local markets (global vs. local) and experience of major digital partners would be highly beneficial.
* Above the line marketing experience with significant budgets would be preferable.
* You will put your consumer at the heart of everything you do: you seek continuously to understand player motivations and behaviours, in order to provide deeper insights for campaign briefings.
* You should have fabulous organizational and project planning skills as you will be will be managing multiple projects, liaising with internal and external partners, whilst ensuring timely and in-budget deliverables.
* Detail-oriented and hands-on, able to demonstrate experience in end-to-end delivery of campaigns and a willingness to get stuck in wherever needed.
* You will be able to handle data effectively and have a robust understanding of marketing metrics.
* The role is based in our lovely London office and will require some overseas travel. So far the team has been to our offices in Barcelona, Berlin and Stockholm as well as being on set for TV ads in LA and meetings with our platform partners in San Francisco. On occasion studio visits are also required across the globe.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.