Frontier has an exciting opportunity for a render programmer to join our team. We look to expand and develop our strong technical credentials used to create Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Jurassic World Evolution for a future set of exciting new AAA titles. We're looking for someone with knowledge and experience of modern rendering systems as well as excellent communication and self-management skills. The right candidate will be able to work not only with members of the render and wider programming team but also with artists and content creators to help develop and enhance visual features. In conjunction with this a good understanding of the entire render pipeline is essential as you'll be spending time working with existing systems to integrate your work. Previous experience in similar roles is preferable, you'll be charged with building on our impressive track record in delivering ground breaking techniques and visuals.
Frontier uses its proprietary Cobra ™ engine which allows us to create whatever we can imagine and design. As such we're looking for candidates who can innovate and use our existing technology to its fullest. We pride ourselves on the strength of our game visuals and the strength and depth of technical expertise within the team, successful candidates will add to this pool. In return we can offer you unique challenges not found elsewhere and the ability to shape our graphics technology and visuals in ways only proprietary engines can offer. This is one of the key roles within our team and we're looking for candidates whose aspirations match. If you believe you have the skills and passion for this role we would love to hear from you!
- Create new and enhance existing graphics features to deliver the visual goals of the project
- Work within a multi-discipline team to ensure that features work with wider systems and content creators
- Be responsible for profiling and optimising graphical features within the game
- Pro-actively contribute to the render and coding teams.
- Passion for creating beautiful games
- Enjoys working collaboratively with a cross-discipline team
- Ability to solve problems and adapt to emerging requirements
- Open to exploring new ideas and approaches
- Solid technical background
- Ability to see the bigger picture and make a wider strategic contribution.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A proven track record in a similar role or transferable experience
- In lieu of above; a strong portfolio demonstrating your abilities
- Advanced programming in C++ and shader languages (HLSL/GLSL etc.)
- Knowledge of modern game render/graphics pipelines
- Experience with profilers (PIX, Tuner, Nsight, VTune, etc.)
- Strong 3D maths skills
- An artistic eye is beneficial
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written).
Frontier is a studio with a long and successful history of AAA development of various genres of games. Our move to self-publishing, the breakout successes of Elite Dangerous and Planet Coaster and the recent release of Jurassic World Evolution makes it an exciting time to join us. You will have the opportunity to work on these existing titles and our new and exciting unannounced projects. If that sounds interesting, why not contact us for an informal chat or apply on-line?