About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developers to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits , and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Members of the Online Programming team at Splash Damage are responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining systems to support our award winning live-service multiplayer games.
We work closely with the design, UI and online services teams to craft client-side support for external services and APIs such as matchmaking, VOIP, profile and social interaction systems. We are also responsible for creating and maintaining client-side support for analytics and telemetry, to ensure that we know exactly what's going on in our games at all times. In addition, we collaborate closely with the gameplay and design teams to seamlessly connect game features with external services.
You excel at:
- Taking ownership of features and autonomously driving them to completion.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving and highly-focused team.
- Ensuring that our games are robust and error-tolerant, aiming to provide the best possible player experience at all times.
- Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrable experience interacting with external APIs and services within a large and robust system.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team.
We are looking for Online Programmers of all skill levels, so please apply even if you don't meet all the criteria above.
Even better if you have:
- Experience developing supporting systems for online games such as VOIP, profile services, matchmaking, social interaction systems and telemetry.
- Experience working closely with design teams to elicit requirements and design supporting systems.
- Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing.
- Professional Unreal Engine development experience.
- Experience developing and working with asynchronous systems.
Perks and Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.