About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developers to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits , and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
The Gameplay Programming team at Splash Damage is responsible for developing a wide variety of fun and engaging gameplay features for our award winning multiplayer games.
We work closely with members of all other disciplines to craft the core experiences and features of the game. Through prototyping and iterating based on design and player feedback, we strive to create unforgettable and engaging encounters. We're responsible for ensuring features are extensible and tunable, and we aim to empower other disciplines to make the best content they can make. We do all this while maintaining a vigilant lookout for bugs, keeping the game stable and making sure that technical debt is minimised.
Gameplay Programmers at Splash Damage thrive on working within feature teams, where they work closely with other disciplines. We excel in an open and collaborative working environment and have the passion and determination to own and champion feature implementations; seeing them through from inception to completion.
- Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Solid understanding of game-related mathematics.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team.
- Professional Unreal Engine development experience.
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining animation systems.
- Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing.
- Experience developing gameplay features for first-person shooter games, such as cameras, locomotion, and weapon systems.
- Experience implementing extensible and tunable 'meta' game features, such as progression and achievements.
- Experience designing and developing procedural gameplay and environment systems.
- Professional development experience working on real-time client-server multiplayer games.
Perks and Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.