About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developers to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits , and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
Development Directors at Splash Damage establish and drive the game's development plan and schedule, successfully moving the development team from one project phase to the next, while ensuring a strong focus on quality, collaboration, communication, and improvement.
Development Directors partner closely with internal and external project stakeholders, like producers, product managers, art directors, design directors, technical directors, and QA groups, to manage the project on time, to quality, and within budget. They own the project plan. They make data-driven decisions on the team's forward-looking plans. They use this data to articulate the truth on the ground, and to be the voice of reason, as teams balance artistic ambition with their demonstrated capacity to execute on time.They represent the state and the outlook of the project internally as well as to external partners.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Responsible for game development scheduling and roadmap construction and maintenance; risk management; task management and planning; scope and capacity planning; resource management; and team financial management.
- Partner with internal and external project stakeholders to define milestones and key deliverables.
- Develop and publish KPIs tracking progress, project quality, and predictability; and drive improvements and efficiencies by inventing and improving processes across the team.
- Help the team focus on the most critical issues with ruthless prioritization.
- In partnership with the rest of team leadership and business leadership, contribute to business planning, and to establishing and reaching business targets.
- Recruit and manage associate development directors or associate producers: coaching, mentoring, and helping them level up.
- 1+ game development cycles as a producer or development director on a AAA game franchise or similar software development project.
- Experience with project management and tracking tools like Excel and JIRA.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; able to understand and simplify complex problems, and deliver solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Passion, energy, and enthusiasm to drive results.
- Experience managing project managers, development directors, and/or producers.
Bonus points for:
- Experience driving agile software development.
- Live services experience.
Perks and Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.