About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developers to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits , and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
Working closely with your allocated projects you will provide a comprehensive and customer focused HR service covering a broad range of generalist and strategic activity. You will support the implementation of the People strategy having a clear understanding of the Studio's strategy and objectives and how the people agenda can support the achievement of this.
You will provide responsive, high quality specialist advice, supporting managers on all aspects of the HR function including employee relations, HR policy, performance, absence management, analysis of data/reporting as well as compensation and benefits.
Additionally, working with and supporting the Head of HR, you will lead or work in collaboration on a range of Studio wide people initiatives consolidating our strategy of 'People First'.
You will champion our culture and values to drive performance and support the delivery of key business objectives.
- With 'people first' at the heart of our strategy, working consultatively and in collaboration with your designated project, you will implement our people strategy focussing on the following that will drive our Studio success:
- Talent management and retention strategies
- Reward, recognition and engagement
- Employee relations
- Provide credible and pragmatic HR advice and support to managers in relation to HR policies and procedures, absence and health issues, maternity, flexible working, conduct and capability, grievance and disciplinary issues and a broad range of employee relations matters.
- Work with Senior Producers and Line Managers in a collaborative way ensuring that legislation, policy and best practice are applied fairly and consistently across the Studio
- Advise on investigations into disciplinary issues and grievances, take notes and provide coaching and support to managers involved in the process.
- Lead on the management of casework, relating to sickness absence. This includes monitoring monthly sick absence trigger points, providing appropriate advice and guidance to line managers on review meetings, recommendations for action, liaising with Occupational Health and case review meeting.
- Provide advice and guidance on complex HR issues in order to minimise risk and financial exposure.
- To ensure that mechanisms are in place for ensuring line managers are accountable for the effective management and engagement of their people
- Provide advice on and participate in the implementation of reward activities to ensure that the appropriate mechanisms are in place to appropriately reward, recognise and develop talent within the Studio.
- To actively participate in the twice-yearly Studio calibration process - which will include the preparation of data, management of the peer review process etc.
- Support your projects in identifying creative solutions when implementing change management programmes that will achieve efficiencies through business improvements.
- To develop robust relationships with managers, in order to influence, challenge and support your business unit, the team, their deliverables and practices.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of contemporary HR Development theories, methodologies and provide suitable interpretation to the Studio.
- To keep abreast of HR legislation in order to review, amend and update the Studio's HR policies and procedures.
- Meet with all employees that are leaving the business to undertake an exit interview, feeding back your findings and proposing recommendations accordingly.
- Lead, and work in collaboration, on a range of projects that will enable the Studio's People First Strategy
- Work closely with the L&D Advisor to develop the appropriate people programmes that will equip line managers with the skills to manage their teams effectively.
- Managing and monitoring the Studio's monthly performance review process (Employee Growth Programme). Coaching line managers and employees through the performance improvement process helping them achieve peak performance
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable generalist experience in a HR Adviser/ HR Manager role with a solid understanding of people management issues.
- Significant practical experience of providing a confident HR advisory service to managers and employees within a creative environment specifically covering employee relations
- Proven experience of working in a pro-active way and managing projects
- Experience in the development and implementation of employment policies and procedures.
- Practical experience of producing and analysis of HR data reports and presenting those findings.
- A calm approach with the ability to deal with difficult situations objectively.
- Good judgement and decision-making skills with a pragmatic and creative approach to problem solving.
- Highly organised with the ability to handle conflicting demands through to meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate confidentiality and sensitivity in dealing with HR issues, especially when handling sensitive situations and information.
- A confident communicator (both verbal and written) with a personable and professional manner and the ability to interact and relate to all levels of staff and build strong working relationships
- Intuitive approach with the ability to influence and persuade effectively at all levels.
- Resilience and the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to manage administrative tasks, including collating, monitoring and interpreting statistics.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and HR databases for purposes of creating and updating reports, letters and presentations.
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work within a changing environment and respond to different demands with a sense of urgency.
- Friendly, positive and professional with a genuine commitment and ability to deliver an exceptional customer service within a creative environment.
- Co-operative and supportive team player.
- Practical knowledge of all areas of HR, including excellent understand of employment legislation.
- CIPD Qualified (or part qualified)
Perks and Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.