Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, we're a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do.
We've welcomed over 250 million players to RuneScape's world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve.
From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest.
Together with our players, we're a united Jagex tribe. Together we're building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
This is a fantastic opportunity for an animator looking for a varied and challenging role that encourages creative input, team work and personal development. The successful applicant will join an experienced team of artists; working on our flagship title RuneScape.
Working within our talented art team, you will:
- Create, develop and refine high quality 3D animations across creatures, human characters, locations and FX.
- Work with Maya and our in-house animation tools to produce animation assets.
- Work closely with Concept Artists and 3D Modellers to ensure models are designed and optimized for animation. Considering multiple RuneScape on pc and mobile as an animation design requirement.
- Work closely with Content Developers to ensure animations are correctly implemented in the game engine.
- Work with Tools Developers to troubleshoot and improve existing in-house tools.
- Provide feedback to all animators in the team in group reviews and more junior members of the team in day to day production.
- Ensure the animation style is maintained through all projects within your own and colleagues work via feedback.
WHAT WE NEED
- Excellent key frame animation skills across creatures, set pieces and human characters.
- Good experience in Maya animation production specifically.
- Good experience rigging and weighting characters in Maya
- An excellent demo reel that adequately reflects this experience.
- A keen interest in games, game animation and animation in general.
- The ability to give and take critique, helping yourself and the team to develop.
- To take direction and work with the Lead Animator and Art director to maintain game style and quality.
- To be proactive and take responsibility for keeping assets optimised, organised and functioning in-game as required.
- To maintain a good level of communication with all relevant team members throughout animation production and implementation.
EVEN BETTER IF
- Degree in Animation.
- Traditional animation skills.
- Experience in FX animation production.
- Experience in current game engine animation pipelines. UE4. Unity etc.
- Traditional 2D art skills.
- Experience animating for cinematics, including facial performances.
- Experience using mocap.
We can only consider applicants who include evidence of their work, along with breakdowns in an online format such as personal website, blog, Github, or online album.
In show reels, we expect to see:
- Strong understanding of the principles of animation.
- Examples of Human animation.
- Examples of creature animation, including biped, quadrupeds and other anatomy types.
- Your best work, not all your work.
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid-for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair, and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen, pub, and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief