SOFTGAMES is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Level Designer to join the team. At SOFTGAMES you have the chance to collaborate with a small team of professionals to improve our popular games on Facebook Messenger. The Level Designer is crafting fresh and challenging levels for several free-to-play Messenger Games.
You are a passionate gamer with proven experience in designing and building levels for Match 3 or similar F2P mobile games. You will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment.
- 2+ years of level / game design experience, including content/systems created for shipped games. Puzzle game experience is a plus!
- Must have shipped at least 2 F2P games as level designer
- Expert with math and formulas in game environment
- Direct experience making, balancing, and pacing levels
- Adept with Excel/spreadsheets
- Game Design background preferred but not mandatory
- Passion for games!
- Craft, tune and implement new levels that are fresh and challenging
- Create or adapt leading game features to work with an existing game
- Collaborate with Game Producers to define and tweak game mechanics
- Analyze real-time feedback and metrics, and adjust game designs accordingly
- Work in a collaborative team atmosphere
- Take advantage of an exciting job where you can develop professionally
- Contribute your talent and your skills in a fast-growing company within an inspiring and international team in Berlin
- Direct transfer of responsibility in the company with flexible structures, flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- Enjoy the security of an established company, but the atmosphere of a Start-up including Kicker tables, inspiring company breakfasts, Poker nights and epic team events
- An attractive remuneration
- Perks: fresh fruits, cold drinks, tee, coffee, discounted local transport ticket, health package etc.
Based in Berlin, the creative capital of Europe, SOFTGAMES together with its ROFL brand is the leading developer of games for Facebook Messenger. Further SOFTGAMES is operating the world’s largest platform for HTML5 games distribution and monetization outside the Messengers. We’re delivering fun to tens of millions of players every month across 6 continents on the device of their choosing. Our vision is to help users to instantly discover and engage with games they like, while helping brands to reach their target audiences.
Have we caught your interest? Then we look forward to your detailed application together with your salary expectations and earliest possible start date.