- Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
Join the game!
A Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 113 million monthly users, offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 5,700 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Gameloft Brisbane are expanding and seek a talented Level Designer to join our team.
As a Level Designer you will work closely with the Game Designers, Artists and Programmers to help implement the game world. The successful candidate will primarily design and build levels, as well as script gameplay elements and any other design tasks required such as tuning and balancing the game.
In this role, you will
- Create memorable environments that deliver against the design vision for the game
- Define the locations of loot, interactive objects and enemies
- Be a champion for the level design goals of the game
- Integrate all interactive elements (images, animations, sounds, gameplay, etc.)
- Script cinematics and events
- Create and maintain a list of useful tools for level design
- Create and maintain a strict naming convention to simplify group work
- Double-check all content added to games to ensure quality and consistency
- Enter data related to game content
- Contribute to the tuning and balancing of weapons and abilities
- Be an active participant of design meetings
- Excellent knowledge of multiple script languages
- Good knowledge of game editors (e.g. Hammer, UnrealEd, SDKs, etc.)
- Knowledge of 3D Studio Max or Maya
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office and game prototype creation
- Passion for video games and their history
- Able to learn how to use new development tools
- Excellent organizational skills and methodology
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the processes involved in creating video games
- Good communication skills and able to work in a team
- Open world level design experience is a plus
- Experience creating levels for competitive action games is a plus
Additionally, you will identify with the following:
- Open minded and outward focused
- Good critical sense
- Organised and efficient
- Able to work unsupervised and/or under pressure
Why join Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
Please send us your CV and include a link to your professional portfolio. It is essential that you include examples of your level designs in published titles or your own personal work.
Only selected candidates will be contacted, and your CV will be saved in our files for 6 months.