Frontier has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Artist to join our team as we look to expand and develop on our strong technical credentials built up from Elite Dangerous and Planet Coaster as we look forward to an exciting set of new AAA titles. We're looking for someone with python and scripting experience as well as excellent communication and self-management skills. The right candidate will be able to work with artists and content creators to help develop and aid content creation within Maya. In conjunction with this a good understanding of the entire pipeline is essential and you'll be spending time working with the game side tools team to help streamline the cross over between authoring and asset integration. Previous experience in similar roles is preferential, you'll be charged with helping to empower the content creators to deliver assets smoothly and efficiently and help pinpoint potential bottle necks or easily caught mistakes. The role is highly autonomous and we want candidates with a voice, who can help guide the creation of assets and our game/engine side tools. We're counting on your skills experience and knowledge!
Frontier already has a tools/scripting framework in place built up over many titles so there's a solid base to start from as well as plenty of expertise. We're looking for people with a passion to help develop and create the pipelines and results that back up the calibre of titles we work on. This is one of the key roles within our team and we're looking for candidates whose aspirations match. If you believe you have the skills and passion for this role we would love to hear from you!
- Being a point of contact on a project for TechArt requests and issues
- Helping to build support and streamline the content creation pipeline
- Help define asset specifications
- Collaborating with the art leads to ensure assets are created to spec
- Working with the tools programmers and technical artists to finesse and improve the pipeline holistically
- Pro-actively contributing to our scripts eco system.
- Enjoys working collaboratively with a cross-discipline team
- Ability to solve problems and adapt to emerging requirements
- Open to exploring new ideas and approaches
- Solid technical background
- Ability to see the bigger picture and make a wider strategic contribution
- Providing support for outsource companies who also use our script packages.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A proven track record in a similar role or transferable experience
- Knowledge of modern games asset pipelines
- Python experience
- Knowledge of other scripting languages such as MEL and Lua
- Broad understanding of game engine and tools architecture
- Broad understanding of art authoring packages
- OpenMaya/Maya API/Pyside/QT experience is beneficial.