Advertising Start Date: 8/11/18
Advertising End Date: 6/12/18
Salary: Competitive Market Rate
We are now looking for a talented Art Director to join our team and work on our exciting games. You will work closely with product owner, game designer and game developers as part of an experienced team, where both your technical skills and creativity will help shape and improve our games.
Your role within our Kingdom
As a confident art leader, who coaches your team towards excellence, you will have a thorough knowledge of what good art looks like and can drive your vision forward. As the spokesperson for Art you will also have a close collaboration with producers, game designers, developers, business performance, player insight and of course brand.
Skills to create thrills
* Great skills and experience in Art Direction / concept art for casual, cartoon, stylized and mid-core mobile games.
* Very versatile, autonomous, pro-active and can adapt to any art tasks
* Not afraid of technical tasks and is familiar with optimization and finalization of in-game assets.
* You know visual communication by heart and can quickly do concepts and/or mock-ups to communicate your ideas
* Bring artistic vision and have an excellent eye for detail
* Very creative and have a true passion for games, you bring relevant experience from the gaming industry
* Ability to produce appealing art in appropriate style within the available time frames
* A proven track record of creating and/or directing high quality game art, including gameplay assets, characters and environments
* Experienced in creating Moodboards, Style guides, Brand guidelines & other necessary documentation
* An experienced people manager who understands which mix of competencies you need in your team to excel and drive great performance
* Strong communication and organizational skills, you feel at home with project planning
* You are interested in player behaviour and player experience
* An innovative spirit, happy to go beyond the assigned tasks, actively seeking responsibility
* Knowledge of technical constraints, optimization and implementation
* Skills in animation and special effects
* Interest in visual and interaction design
* Skills in Maya or other 3D software
* Experience working in an agile project environment
An online portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skills is required!
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in London
Based in bustling Soho, the cultural heart of the West End, our London studio occupies all four floors of the landmark Ampersand building. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Covent Garden and the shopping mecca Oxford Street. Non-Brits will soon discover it's no urban myth; there really is a pub on every corner.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.