C++ Game Engine Developer - Malmo
Are you a C++ Game Engine Developer who would like to step in to our kingdom? This is a fantastic role where you will be a part of a global software environment that helps our games run on 285+ million devices. Sounds like a treat?
Your role within our Kingdom
At King, you'll get to work with a super experienced team on our internal C++ engine that is the powerhouse behind many of Kings greatest hits. We're always finding new ways of getting the most out of the millions of mobile devices out there, and figuring out the best ways to empower our teams to make and deliver our amazing games.
You'll contribute not only our great engine and tools, but also be able to share your passion for games, engine technology, tools, and the best ways to build all of them. The role also involves communication with the internal game teams, our product management team, and making sure our architecture keeps King at the forefront of the mobile world.
King values and requires our technical independence. Our engine is all in-house - we own and maintain every single line of code, and do our best to stay on top of new technologies, ideas and techniques. We've got strong views on modern software development and expect you to help make sure King stays connected to language development, testing methodologies and agile practices.
As a developer you have an interest in understanding the whole tech stack, you have good analytical capabilities, you write well-structured code and are comfortable working on complicated code base. We work in an agile and iterative Scrum process with continuous releases to the live environment so you will see the impact of your work almost immediately. You are passionate about system development, new technology, tools, and games in particular.
Take technical responsibility for the product:
* Architect, design, implement, document and test game engine and associated tools features
* Maintain and optimize new and existing engine features
* Produce high quality and well-structured code
* Share and learn from those around you in a collaborative development environment
* Communicate with our game team stakeholders to grow those relationships
Skills to create thrills
* Excellent C++ knowledge with significant experience in C++ development
* Experience with Android & iOS game development or experience from AAA/Console development
* Happy to work in an agile development environment
* Works effectively in teams, both local and geographically distributed
Tasty Bonus points
* Professional game and engine development experience with multiple game teams as customers
* Experience in working with memory / performance critical applications / low level optimizations
* Significant experience working with 3rd party game engines (Unity, Unreal, etc...) or in house engine where the role involved:
* Ability to architect & design APIs and components to be used by other developers/technical artists
* Developing engine feature or APIs
* Producing related user documentation / architecture designs
* Experience with tools (Editors, exporters, etc.) development
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in Malmö
Opposite the central station at Bruksgatan, and just around the corner from Stortorget, our studio is right in the middle of Malmö's cultural heart. Inside, you'll find a terrace screaming for summer BBQs. Outside, you'll find everything from breathtaking seascapes to underground art galleries. And with Denmark within driving distance, you can even visit The Little Mermaid whenever you like.
Ready to level up? Join our Kingdom!
You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.