Jagex Ltd, the UK's largest developer and publisher of online games, is looking for a talented Agile Delivery Manager to play a key role in growing our platform team.
The platform team's goal is increase player satisfaction, manage development costs as well as to reduce the time to publish new titles. The platform allows for customers to create and manage accounts, payments, microtransaction, cohort testing and reporting. This data will be critical to the product teams, so they can understand what the customers want and where their pain points are.
Reporting to our VP of Technology this role will work with cross functional teams to deliver the platform with both internal as well as external resources. Your strong experience in agile will allow you to create an agile project governance framework and enable the product owners / manager to work with the team to deliver on their commitments. You will track velocity closely which will allow you to provide forecasts for deliveries. You will work through team blockers and escalate as needed. You will coach and mentor other scrum masters and product owners on Agile.
Working closely with the external development teams and internal publishing services you will be responsible for ensuring any titles to be published by our platform have the best opportunity for success and growth.
This is an amazing opportunity to be at the heart of delivering a wide variety of titles from a stable developer/publisher, and requires an experienced, sharp and keen individual with a passion for online games.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
· Transition smoothly into the current role, minimizing disruption and gaining the trust of tech, product and delivery stakeholders at team and programme level.
· Use visual means to foster clear communication between delivery teams and various stakeholder groups.
· Deliver the programme directors vision of Lean Portfolio Management and Agile Delivery Framework (LeSS / Safe).
· Champion agile and lean best practices and help foster a culture of continuous improvement.
· Maintain and improve on the regular delivery plan and roadmap refreshes.
WHAT WE NEED
· Gamer at heart -> we expect our employees to be product focused at all levels
· Proven commercial scrum and agile experience across multiple full cycle projects
· Recent experience of working as an agile PM across multiple mature agile product development teams
· Successfully collaborated with Product, UX, Scrum Master & Engineering in multi-functional teams & across the leadership of these functions
· A proven track record of being value driven rather than project metrics driven (outcome over output)
· Strong expertise and recent experience with systems development life cycle (SDLC)
· Commercial exposure to Kanban driven projects
EVEN BETTER IF
· You have Publishing Platform experience
· QA, Development or Product Owner experience
· Recent experience of working with distributed agile teams
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Feel like you fit this role, but don't meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.