Payroll Support PAYRO01126
We are seeking an experienced and reliable US Payroll specialist to be responsible for activities related to the processing of US payroll and benefits. As part of a highly-motivated team, this position will impact a rapidly growing company. Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter who will be a driving force to lay the groundwork and help to set up and establish policy and procedures to improve the payroll process within a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
Sound like a match? You will contribute by:
- Processing full cycle semi-monthly payrolls for salaried and hourly employees in the US in a timely and accurate manner
- Compiling data from a wide variety of sources (e.g. time sheets/payroll, salary adjustments, benefit premiums, tax deposits, etc.) for analyzing issues, ensuring compliance with mandated requirements, and/or monitoring program components.
- Researching discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation (e.g. time sheets, leave time, benefits, PTO plans, referral bonuses, bonuses, etc.) for ensuring accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing,
- Communicating with a variety of internal and external parties (city/state/federal agencies, etc.) for ensuring accurate processing of payroll deductions/garnishments
- Validating and verifying the Business Intelligence Reports and Standard reports to excel to ensure accuracy on earnings, benefits premiums, deductions and taxes
- Verifying a variety of payroll related information (e.g. time sheets, direct deposits, wage attachments, benefits, etc.) for ensuring accurate distribution of funds and payroll, such as journal entries and reconciliation of payments, taxes, net pay
- Maintaining a wide variety of payroll information, files and records in written and electronic formats for providing an up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
- Liaising with a variety of wellness and benefit vendors to acquire and coordinate services and administers the company’s benefit plans (Benetrac and Fidelity), upload contributions, enrollments, terminations, tracking
- Responding to inquiries from employees, government agencies and all relevant parties’ invoices
- Assessing and registering for tax accounts and handle issues with IRS and various states
- Working with department supervisors and manager to initiate solutions and drive efficiencies both within payroll and with business partners
- Helping to establish policies and procedures that can improve the payroll processes
- Setting up and maintaining payroll process documentation
- Preparing yearend financial audit payroll related working paper
- Working with HR to assist the annual 401K audit
- Continuously evaluating and suggesting and/or implementing improvements to payroll processes
- Resolving both routine and non-routine payroll problems
- Completing year-end and quarter-end payroll filing and other projects
- Reviewing general ledger and reconcile payroll accounts
- Performing other tasks as needed to ensure an efficient and effective work environment within the department (including evaluation of existing system and/or implementation of new system)
- Acting as a backup for Canadian payroll specialist for things like payroll processing/validation and yearend activities
- Working with the Canadian payroll specialist to review/reconcile Canadian payroll
- Completing other tasks as assigned by the Controller.
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture. And this is where you come in...
Your background includes:
- 2-3 years of Payroll experience, supporting 200+ employees reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
- Advanced knowledge in Excel (pivot and v-lookup)
- US Payroll experience (eg. CA, TX) is an asset
- Be open minded and willing to learn the State/Federal tax laws
- In depth knowledge experience working in fast-pace, high volume organization with multiple payrolls and priorities
- Excellent time management, communication and customer experience skills (always looking to extend their best in class services to any and all stakeholders)
- High level of intellectual curiosity – understanding the why and how as well as anticipating the next question
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at the highest level
- Must be flexible with hours and have the ability to work additional hours when required to meet strict deadlines
- Must be team oriented, strong initiative with ability to work independently, and willingness to learn
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can co-create some of the best games ever made.