You possess a passion for making beautiful game art that will inspire those you work with. You enjoy collaborating with others across many disciplines to help realize an amazing collective artistic vision. You enjoy learning from the people you work with as much as you enjoy teaching them.
Kabam Vancouver is looking for a talented and passionate individual like you to join our art team as a Concept Artist.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work with Art Direction to provide the artistic vision for production of AAA quality game assets
- Produce fantastic and inspiring concept designs for all facets of game creation, including characters, vehicles, props, environments, storyboards, etc
- Create lighting, composition and mood color studies
- Develop images for use in level design, asset schematics, and material callouts
- Create amazing illustrations for marketing and publishing purposes
- Collaborate and iterate with a passionate in-house team crafting games for mobile and tablet devices
- Visually explore ideas and artistic styles for future game titles
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Your background includes:
- Exceptional ability to create concepts for organic and hard surface characters and environments
- Strong knowledge of Industrial Design, Architecture, and/or related fields
- 3+ years experience of concept design/visual development
- Ability to work with a broad range of subjects and aesthetic styles
- Capacity to develop ideas in 3D as well as 2D with programs like ZBrush, Maya, and Modo
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills
- Passion for gaming, especially in the mobile space
- Strong desire and/or experience working in emerging mediums and technology
Sounds like the opportunity for you? Click on Apply Now and tell us more about you along with your portfolio.
We thank you for your interest in this position and look forward to starting off a conversation with you.
Kabam is a world leader of free-to-play games for mobile devices. Console quality graphics and next generation technology are the hallmark of Kabam games. Kabam merges the art of game design and the science of consumer behaviour to create immersive games enjoyed by players around the world. Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Marvel Contest of Champions and Transformers: Forged to Fight and won several awards including Apple Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year. Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.