You are highly creative and highly skilled individual in the world of animation. Always looking to take your crafts from great to mind-blowing, you couple your passion with a thirst to learn what’s new in animation to deliver exceptional results. Being both team-oriented as well as a true self-starter, you work quickly and collaboratively to accomplish more and cannot wait to share what you’ve learned with the team. Finally, you view yourself as a culture-add and look forward to bringing something new to every team you join.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for an Animator to join us! We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will contribute by:
- Ensuring the delivery of world-class character assets and animations for our games
- Working with Animation Director, Lead Character Artist, and Lead Technical Artist to design, implement, and communicate best practices to the entire art production team
- Leading and managing character asset and animation delivery pipelines for our studio and beyond
- Mentoring team members in animation best practices
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games.
And this is where you come in..
Your background includes:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in a related field ( 3D animation, traditional animation, computer science, computer graphics, etc.)
- 3-5 years working in console game development or VFX. Experience in mobile game development or equivalent a plus.
- Experience developing automated animation systems, developing tools and pipelines
- Advanced experience with animations schematics, rigging and setups
- Problem solves all technical issues involving animation
- Experience with Motionbuilder and Maya animation tools.
- A hard-working, fun-loving attitude!
Working cross-functionally, you will collaborate with a team of artists, engineers, designers, and producers to help us push the envelope in terms of quality, efficiency, and timeliness for our products.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply with your demo reel and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of massively multiplayer games for mobile devices. Console quality graphics and next generation technology are the hallmark of Kabam games. Kabam merges the art of game design and the science of consumer behaviour to create immersive games enjoyed by players around the world. Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Marvel Contest of Champions and Transformers: Forged to Fight and won several awards including Apple Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year. Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.