Instructional Technical Designer
Product Management INSTR01131
You are a sharp, inquisitive individual who is a fast learner with strong problem-solving acumen. You have the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with subject matter experts and staff at all levels of the company to design and deliver engaging, high-quality training material. You not only have strong technical skills, but you are also well-versed in instructional design methodologies.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Contract Instructional Technical Designer for 6 months with the possibility of extension.
You will contribute by working with subject matter experts to:
- Create technical documents of existing products and systems, including technical diagrams
- Conduct training needs analysis to define a curriculum for staff training and onboarding
- Create unique and creative training experiences which incorporate contemporary instructional design theories and participant-focused activities that are visually stimulating and inviting
- Manage the implementation and roll-out of new training programs
- Provide quality control and improve online training experiences by developing interactive and imaginative participant-focused activities (such as simulations, games, videos, animations, graphics, or other visual communication)
- Build scalable and repeatable processes for the scoping, creation, maintenance, and launch of training experiences
- Develop “playbooks” which document processes and best practices
- Establish project outlines and deadlines for projects and perform effective project management.
- Evaluate training by measuring results and recommending changes
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And that’s where you come in…
Your background includes:
- 5 years of experience developing engaging courseware in a training environment
- A degree or diploma in instructional design, visual communication, interaction design, media arts, educational studies, adult education, or a very closely related field
- Experience developing technical documentation for an engineering audience
- Experience creating ER, data flow, and process workflow diagrams
- Experience with performing training needs analysis
- Experience with process definition and documentation
- Knowledge of current instructional design theories and methodologies
- Experience developing participant-centered training experiences that focused heavily on developing graphic design, visual communication, or multimedia materials
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of massively multiplayer games for mobile devices. Console quality graphics and next generation technology are the hallmark of Kabam games. Kabam merges the art of game design and the science of consumer behaviour to create immersive games enjoyed by players around the world. Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Marvel Contest of Champions and Transformers: Forged to Fight and won several awards including Apple Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year. Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.