Are you passionate about helping create AAA games as part of a team? Does enabling your team members to build awesome content sound like your calling?
Vicarious Visions needs Support Technicians who will assist our development teams to deliver on their potential and create new and awesome AAA gameplay experiences. Support Technicians are the oil that keeps the machine running by helping their teammates with day to day issues that arise as part of the development process. You will work closely with art, design, engineering, production, and QA to help deliver great entertainment experiences.
• Provide deskside support for development teams working with the tools and technology
• Have a deep understanding of all aspects of the content creation pipelines
• Identify and investigate issues with content creation across the toolset
• Assist developers in the preparation and implementation of technical aspects of content creation to deliver AAA quality
• Create and maintain documentation for tools and pipelines
• Develop simple tools to enable our development teams to create awesome content
• Provide feedback to management and other disciplines on effective ways to improve tools and processes
• Enthusiasm for supporting and enabling others
• Demonstrated ability to diagnose and resolve technical problems
• Excellent written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Self-driven individual with ability to work independently with little supervision
• Good knowledge of source control systems such as Perforce
• Experience writing and debugging tools, scripts, or programming in languages such as C# and/or C++
• Able to multitask and take on multiple assignments at the same time
• Willing and able to work outside of core hours as project needs demand
• Experience working with game development teams
• Experience working on AAA games
• Experience with DCC tools in a game production background
• Technical Art, Technical Design, or Computer Science background
In 2018, Vicarious Visions celebrated its 27th year in the industry. Over the years, we have made hundreds of games, in every genre, on every conceivable game platform in the known universe. We are a studio that is built to last, and now we are embarking on a brand new chapter.
We are currently partnering with Bungie to further expand the award winning Destiny universe.
Our philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is evidenced in all of our products – from Crash Bandicoot to Destiny 2 PC. We apply the same dedication to excellence to every video game franchise we’ve worked on over the years and we are bringing that same philosophy to the Destiny franchise.
We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect, and fun. We have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices. We not only give our developers a safe and warm place to incubate and grow their ideas but the tools and support necessary to turn those ideas into impactful and memorable experiences.
Our studio is located in Albany, NY, a thriving northeastern city with an abundance of professional theatre, music, dance, and sports attractions, as well as a backyard full of recreational activities. (That’s a metaphorical backyard. The studio’s backyard has a patio and grill though…with seasonal awning.) And for those looking for more adventures, we’re located less than three hours from NYC, Boston, and Montreal!