We’re looking for talented people to create art for the Destiny universe.
TLDR: Do you want to make kick-ass Creatures, Heroes, and Armor? Apply!
As a Character Artist you will be working with a team of other insane artists to make a vast array of things players get to be, battle, and wear in an exciting universe.
You will be Responsible for:
• Work with the team to make brand new characters, enemies and gear
• Work with the Art Director and Character Art Lead to meet quality benchmarks
• Have a working knowledge of PBR materials authoring
• Be proactive in communicating with different specialists – concept artists, animators, riggers, FX artists, designers, graphics programmers – all various people who depend on you, and you depend upon to get the best work in game
The skills we’re looking for in our valiant team members:
• Experience in the game industry
• Proficient in at least one tool of high poly modeling/sculpting (ZBrush, Mudbox, 3d Coat, etc.)
• Proficient in at least one tool of low poly modeling (3ds Max, Maya, Modo, etc.)
• Proficient in at least one tool of PBR texturing (Substance Painter, Designer, etc.)
• Traditional Art knowledge including anatomy, form, color, composition in regards to creatures, humans and costumes
• Expert knowledge in at least one bit of pointless trivia that will make everyone around you groan
• Have a natural desire to learn new pipelines, tools, and technologies
• At least one shipped game on PS4, Xbox One, PC
You’ll really get noticed with these upgrades:
• Able to do your own 2d Concepting
• Experience in doing your own Rigging/Skinning
• A desire to constantly improve yourself
• Great Artistic communication skills
• A love of Science Fiction and Fantasy genres
• Appreciated at least one of the attempts at humor in this job posting
In 2018, Vicarious Visions celebrated its 27th year in the industry. Over the years, we have made hundreds of games, in every genre, on every conceivable game platform in the known universe. We are a studio that is built to last, and now we are embarking on a brand new chapter.
We are currently partnering with Bungie to further expand the award winning Destiny universe.
Our philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is evidenced in all of our products – from Crash Bandicoot to Destiny 2 PC. We apply the same dedication to excellence to every video game franchise we’ve worked on over the years and we are bringing that same philosophy to the Destiny franchise.
We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect, and fun. We have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices. We not only give our developers a safe and warm place to incubate and grow their ideas but the tools and support necessary to turn those ideas into impactful and memorable experiences.
Our studio is located in Albany, NY, a thriving northeastern city with an abundance of professional theatre, music, dance, and sports attractions, as well as a backyard full of recreational activities. (That’s a metaphorical backyard. The studio’s backyard has a patio and grill though…with seasonal awning.) And for those looking for more adventures, we’re located less than three hours from NYC, Boston, and Montreal!