UI Artist (Temporary)
User Interface Artist - Destiny
We’re looking for talented people to create UI for the Destiny universe. As a UI artist at Vicarious Visions you will bring the Destiny player’s interface with the game to life. As an addition to our awesome team you will work with our game designers and engineers to collaborate on the overall planning, execution, and success of our projects by creating the best user interface possible for the Destiny universe.
Your Guardian will be Responsible for:
• Work closely with Designers to create UI Assets that communicate well to the targeted player base of the Destiny universe
• Maintain the Destiny art style while creating UI components such as icons, menus, logos, banners, in game HUD elements, and maps
• Assist Engineering in the implementation of UI components and animations
• Attend daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and reviews when needed
• Write documentation as necessary
The skills we’re looking for in order to level up your Guardian:
• 2-3 years of professional UI or related Graphic Design Experience
• Expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects (Or equivalent motion graphics software)
• Understanding of UX design and flow, typography, and iconography
• Ability to pick up new tools and techniques
• Strong understanding of graphic design principals
• Basic knowledge of programming concepts
• Ability to work within specific styles as set out by the product or Art Director
• Desire to work in team setting working with creative individuals toward a common goal
• Art or related degree
• Works well with other Guardians
You’ll really get noticed with these upgrades to your Light Level:
• Light Level 350 or higher
• UI Programming
• UX Design experience
• FPS experience
In 2018, Vicarious Visions celebrated its 27th year in the industry. Over the years, we have made hundreds of games, in every genre, on every conceivable game platform in the known universe. We are a studio that is built to last, and now we are embarking on a brand new chapter.
We are currently partnering with Bungie to further expand the award winning Destiny universe.
Our philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is evidenced in all of our products – from Crash Bandicoot to Destiny 2 PC. We apply the same dedication to excellence to every video game franchise we’ve worked on over the years and we are bringing that same philosophy to the Destiny franchise.
We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect, and fun. We have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices. We not only give our developers a safe and warm place to incubate and grow their ideas but the tools and support necessary to turn those ideas into impactful and memorable experiences.
Our studio is located in Albany, NY, a thriving northeastern city with an abundance of professional theatre, music, dance, and sports attractions, as well as a backyard full of recreational activities. (That’s a metaphorical backyard. The studio’s backyard has a patio and grill though…with seasonal awning.) And for those looking for more adventures, we’re located less than three hours from NYC, Boston, and Montreal!